FBI/CRIMINAL HISTORY RECORDS CHECK
All individuals applying for a Long Island MacArthur Airport Security Identification Area (SIDA) Badge must undergo an FBI fingerprint-based criminal history check as part of the Badge issuance process. Electronic fingerprint results must come back cleared before issuance of the LIMA Photo ID Badge. Please allow 1-5 days for fingerprint results to be returned.
The Airport will deny issuance of a LIMA photo ID Badge to any employee who is currently being charged with or is convicted of any of the TSA disqualifying crimes within the last 10 years.
DISQUALIFYING CRIMES LIST
Federal Regulations require all employees to submit a FBI Fingerprint Criminal History Check before receiving unescorted access privileges. The Criminal History check verifies that there have been no convictions of any of the TSA disqualifying crimes within the past 10 years. A copy of the Criminal History results will be made available to the employee upon receipt of a written request (form may be obtained from LIMAs ID Office).
• A felony involving illegal possession of a controlled substance punishable by a maximum term of imprisonment of more than 1 year.
• Unlawful possession, use, sale, distribution, or manufacture of an explosive or weapon
• A felony involving possession or distribution of stolen property
• A felony involving dishonesty, fraud, or misrepresentation
• A felony involving theft
• A felony involving burglary
• Armed robbery or felony unarmed robbery
• A felony involving importation or manufacture of a controlled substance
• Distribution of, or intent to distribute a controlled substance
• A felony involving aggravated assault
• Rape or aggravated sexual abuse
• A felony involving bribery
• A felony involving willful destruction of property
• A felony involving a threat
• Assault with intent to murder
• Kidnapping or hostage taking
• Felony arson
• Carrying a weapon or explosive aboard an aircraft
• Conveying false information and threats
• Commission of certain crimes aboard an aircraft in flight
• Destruction of an aircraft or aircraft facility
• Interference with flight crew members or flight attendants
• Forgery of certificates, false making of aircraft and other aircraft registration violations
• Unlawful entry into an aircraft or airport area that serves air carriers or foreign air carriers contrary to established security requirements
• Interference with air navigation
• Aircraft piracy outside the special aircraft jurisdiction of the United States
• Aircraft piracy
• Improper transportation of a hazardous material
• Lighting violations involving transporting controlled substances
• Violence at international airports
• Conspiracy to attempt or commit any of the aforementioned acts
SECURITY THREAT ASSESSMENT (STA)
All individuals applying for a LIMA photo ID Badge must undergo a TSA Security Threat Assessment (STA) as part of the Badge issuance. Long Island MacArthur Airport will not issue an LIMA photo ID Badge until the TSA has completed an STA on the applicant. Please allow 2-5 days for the STA to be completed.