Long Island MacArthur Airport encourages the use of its facilities for film, video and commercial still photographers, and will make every effort to accommodate these activities while maintaining our first priority – a safe, efficient, operational airport.
LIMA has recently been used as the backdrop for music videos, television productions (both commercials and shows), full-length films and still photography. The LIMA Film Team has worked with media companies in establishing commercial and film shoots in areas including but not limited to: the terminal building, ramp areas, ticket counters, parking lots, baggage claim, curbside check-in and gate areas.
Producers and location scouts can contact Mike Stack at
to schedule a walk through of the facilities and discuss logistics, such as details and locations needed for the film or photo shoot, staging areas, electrical access and security. We generally ask for 24 hours notice to schedule a scouting walkthrough.
What to Provide When Requesting a Commercial Shoot:
• Date of production, with estimated crew call and wrap timeline
• Brief description of the project
• Estimated number of personnel, both crew and talent
• Amount and kinds of vehicles and equipment
• Name, title and contact information (cell, fax, email, snail)
• Insurance certificate listing the Town of Islip as additional insured with liability rates established based on scope of the project.